Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Project Life - Week 5


Whoo
Hoo! I've stuck with it for a month! I hope I can keep this up =)


Sunday, Jan 31
It's time to say goodbye to the train table.... I'm so torn about this. On one hand, I'm sooo ready to get this out of my house, but on the other, it means my baby boy is growing up. Chase was so excited when he got this from Santa on Christmas morning when he was 2, and has played with it often until about a year ago. Last weekend he said "Daddy... I'm ready to get rid of my train table, it's just a junk collector now," so Daddy took it apart. Mitchi had to have one last nap on it as it made it's way out to the garage. Sniff, sniff...

Monday, Feb 1
Time to take down the Christmas Cards.... When do most people take theirs down? I usually leave mine up through January. I see them as a celebration of the holidays & the new year! I just love walking past them, and seeing the smiling faces of my friends kids. Now what to do with them? I might try making a collage similar to Ali's.

Tuesday, Feb 2
I was totally craving vegetables today so I made myself a yummy veggie & tofu stir fry for lunch. Since I made so much, we added some rotisserie chicken, and served it up for dinner too. Nobody would even TRY my tofu...

Wednesday, Feb 3
Daddy wanted me to hem Chase's baseball pants so he opened my new sewing machine, read the directions, and set it all up for me. He even went to Beverly's and bought matching thread, and threaded a new bobbin. Very impressive....

Thursday, Feb 4
Chase's 100th day celebration at school! He looked so cute walking in the door wearing this hat. I'm so bummed that I'm missing so many school activities.

Friday, Feb 5
Chloe was forced to give up her naps last year at the age of 2 1/2 due to Chase's pm Kindergarten schedule. Unfortunately this year's schedule is no better. She's home by 12:45, his pick up's at 2:10. On most days she ends up passing out on the couch around 5:00 or 6:00 for a late nap.

Saturday, Feb 6
The Anderson's stopped by today for a visit, and to drop off a yummy dirt pudding dessert (I'll post the picture next week). The boys had fun playing stomp rocket, but lost them all to the roof!

6 comments:

  1. I love all your photos, can't even pick just one. Our cat always lays in strange places too. The food looks so good, looks homemade and yummmy!! My niece will have her 100 day tomorrow in kdg. it's also her birthday so double celebration for her. Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it about guys that want us to sew? My husband is always asking - can you just sew that? LOL I could totally see him picking out matching thread too....... Thanks for hanging in with this - Project Life Tuesday's is helping me to stay motivated myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics.

    I wouldn't try tofu either, is just not my taste!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. our train table was in the garage for a few years before i brought it back in flipped the top over to the white side and now use it as a coffee table with toys still underneath. Love your wall of cards! i am such a slow poke at sending cards out, you and Cyn are among the three people who still send them to me :) and i look forward to them every year! Next year... i'll get cards out... next year... <3 niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your pictures and yes, you can keep it up! I did last year and it was totally worth it to have a whole year documented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww Kidlet has a train table at my mom's still. I went all over town looking for the darn thing, as it's pirate themed and they had just discontinued it. So disappointed that he never really has played with it. I wouldn't have the heart to get rid of it yet.

    -Annette

    ReplyDelete